Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Yet another reason why zombies are awesome

Like The Road Warrior, Zack Snyder's remake of Dawn of the Dead is a very excellent movie to watch whilst trotting on the treadmill at the gym.  I've seen it several times before, plus it's a remake, so it's not like I'm going to miss anything crucial if I look away.  It's action-action-action for the most part, especially the last half hour what with the shootings and chewings and chainsaws and exploding propane containers and exploding trucks and exploding zombies.  And the pretty little Mormon girls with their fake boobs and bleach-blonde hair take one look at what's on the screen and scurry far, far away.  Plus, if you start to get tired, just imagine that the zombies are chasing you, and that's good motivation to keep going.  Personally, I've been running enough so when the Inevitable Zombie Apocalypse happens, I think I'll be okay if the zombies turn out to be classic shamblers.  It's if we get the newfangled sprinters that I'm going to be S.O.L.  (Well, so won't everyone else, I guess.)

No comments:

Post a Comment