Thursday, July 24, 2008

Titles Nine - #4

This dismal, dank, damp, dreary weather has definitely drowned me in the doldrums. I haven't seen The Dark Knight yet (bad movie blogger, bad!) and I'm going to miss the opening weekend of X-Files 2: We Still Trust No-One ... I just can't seem to get out of my own way. On the plus side, there's Squidbillies - which I've only just discovered. It is wrong on very many levels but it's also hillybilly squids. Just saying it makes me laugh. And I need a laugh.

So please bear with me: I'm going to take a break of about a week or so and then be back with a vengeance: book reviews! movie reviews! brewpub reviews! fireworks and acrobats and contortionists! lions and tigers and bears! It'll be amazing, I promise.

And so in the meantime, why don't you read a book or something. Here is the fourth installment of my bookshelves. All these originated from my collection except for the first title which is definitely Mr. Mouse's - it's even in hardcover since he's not a paperback fan.

  • Executive Orders - Tom Clancy
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - c'mon, you know who wrote it
  • Stern Men - Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Gerald Durrell: the authorized biography - Douglas Botting
  • Cell - Stephen King (soon to be a movie?)
  • The Shadow Rising - Robert Jordan (Wheel of Time series)
  • Lord of Chaos - Robert Jordan (ditto)
  • The Coming of the King - Nikolai Tolstoy (not sure I ever finished it)
  • Mouse Guard: Fall 1152 - David Patterson (comic book mice! awesome!)


No comments:

Post a Comment