Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pass the bacon and pepper, please


I just found out about this last night and I am desperate, desperate I tell you, to find this stuff: bacon-flavored salt. In three different flavors - original, hickory smoked and peppered - this seasoned salt will take you as close to Nirvana (the state of being, not the grunge band) as possible. Everything is better with bacon, I believe, and having this zero fat, zero calorie, vegetarian and kosher (kosher! Bacon Salt is kosher! the mind boggles) salt to sprinkle on, well, everything, would be bliss. Instead of having bacon and eggs, you can just have eggs that taste like bacon. My baked potato could taste like bacon. Heck, my margaritas could taste like bacon. Wait, that's just silly. But you see my point. I believe that the pig is the perfect edible animal, and that bacon is the perfect part of the pig. With Bacon Salt, I can have bacon all the time, guilt free.


5 comments:

  1. I agree, Cuzzin Amanda. My two favorite food groups are bacon and potato chips. Now I can have bacon-flavored potato chips! Where do you get this wonderful stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bacon Salt is from Seattle! We will send you a care package.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya, cuzzins! If you click on the link in this post (or just go to www.baconsalt.com), they have a list of all the retailers that carry this ambrosia: Stop & Shop, Kroeger, Albertsons, etc.

    Man, Seattle is just the coolest place ever - this proves it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kosher bacon salt?! I, too, am both excited and perplexed. Tell me how it is..the pig is such a magical animal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For more bacon-y goodness:

    http://lazyeyetheatre.blogspot.com/2008/10/is-that-pig-i-smell-on-your-breath.html

    ReplyDelete