Friday, May 29, 2009

Recipes for the weekend: Bee's Potato Salad

My old h.s. buddy (we used to ride around in the winter in her bright yellow original VW Bug with no heat and an aerosol can of de-icer for the windshield) and now new Friend of the Blog Kristin has requested More Recipes!!! here at the little blog.

Since I live to please, I offer you this easy one from my Grandma's recipe collection, in honor of my midwestern aunt and uncle who are here visiting the foggy, gloomy, cold, rainy state of Maine. It's an excellent summer-timey dish - too friggin' bad summertime is taking its own sweet friggin' time to get here.

Bee's Potato Salad

4-6 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and cubed
2-3 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and chopped
1 white onion, diced
celery, diced
mayonnaise to bind it all together
small amount of whipping cream (unwhipped) or half & half
salt and pepper to taste

It's the little bit of half & half that makes this so rich and delectable. Srsly, I can consume this by the BUSHEL, it's so good.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE potato salad. Wish it wasn't so bad for you. I like it with vinegar and mustard instead of mayo, though mayo's not all bad, just mostly bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With this one, you just have to embrace how bad it is for you because it is soooooooooo delicious. And then take a loooooong run the next day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I took a looong run today, so I wish wish wish Paul would make potato salad for me.

    ReplyDelete