Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Titles Nine - #11 -- Series

Time once again for another riveting installment of the FMS series, "Titles Nine," whereby I go to my many bookshelves and pick out nine volumes to share with you, my faithful reader[s].  Since I'm tearing my way through Stephen King's Dark Tower series for the second time, it occured to me that I must have at least nine book series in my collection, or at least partial series.  Let's see what I found!
  • The Dark Tower series by Stephen King (Books I-III at present)
  • A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket (1-11)
  • The Alexandria Quartet by Lawrence Durrell (complete set: Justine, Mountolive, Balthazar and Clea)
  • Griffin and Sabine, Sabine's Notebook and The Golden Mean by Nick Bantock
  • The Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander (I used to have the full set but can only find 1-4 at present)
  • The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan (1-11 only)
  • The Little House on the Prairie books by Laura Ingalls Wilder (not only do I have all the books but I also have a Little House cookbook!)
  • I Claudius and Claudius the God by Robert Graves (does it count as a series if there are only two in the run?)
  • A Wrinkle In Time, A Wind in the Door and A Swiftly Tilting Planet by Madeleine L'Engle (I need to reread these/finish the series)
And since the Robert Graves ones scarcely count, I also have nine or ten Bloom County books by Berke Breathed.  I realize that's not actually a series but I do have a lot of them so it must count for something.
































No comments:

Post a Comment