Thursday, December 11, 2008

Titles Nine - #6

As the television shows start dropping off one by one, due to cancellation or winter hiatus, I find that I have more time for more books. Here's the latest selection of tomes on the Mouse-shelves - may you browse and find something that piques your interest!
  • Piping Down the Valleys Wild – edited by Nancy Larrick (my first book of poetry, non-Dr. Seuss)
  • Chile Experience – Josh Howell (awesome adventure travel guide to Chile painstakingly crafted by a way-chill author-guide)
  • A Year in Provence – Peter Mayle (if you haven't heard of this book, you have clearly been living under a rock since 1990)
  • Chasing Cezanne – Peter Mayle (I think Mayle does non-fiction much better than fiction, frankly)
  • Ahab’s Wife – Sena Jeter Naslund (don't remember this book at all)
  • Invisible Man – Ralph Ellison (ditto - but I feel badly about not remembering this one)
  • One Hundred Years of Solitude – Gabriel Garcia Marquez (I think I wanted to like this one more than I actually did)
  • Hercules, My Shipmate – Robert Graves (Graves's take on the tale of Jason and his Argonauts - it's dense, but I'm a sucker for Greek myths)
  • The Pilot’s Wife – Anita Shreve (what's with all the wives on this shelf?)



No comments:

Post a Comment