Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hold yer horses

I'm working on - new stuff, that is.  I just watched the last two S2 True Blood episodes, so the recaps should be up soon.  I've read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (by Steig Larsson) and Stealing Buddha's Dinner (by Bich Minh Nguyen) but haven't bothered with reviews because on the first book, I'm hoping to eventually incorporate it into that ragingly successful FMS blog series (that has had exactly one entry to date), "Read It Watch It Watch It Again" - sidebar: I wasn't going to because I'm annoyed that Hollywood seems compelled to yet AGAIN remake a successful Swedish film like a year after the original came out, but yum, Daniel Craig plus Kristen Stewart will not be playing Salander - and on the second book, it's a memoir and I didn't really care about it one way or another.  Currently reading: Fables: Volume 10, The Good Prince, by Bill Willingham.

I don't know what I'm going to watch once the TBS2 recaps are done.  I had Big Love S1 lined up, which I feel compelled to watch what with living in SLC and all, but I kind of want to see some movies - Thirst, original Tron, Men Who Stare at Goats and Hot Tub Time Machine (the last is a Mr. Mouse request). 

I'm superexcited for Rubicon to start, have Memphis Beat clogging up the DVR, and am gamely plugging away at Persons Unknown and The Gates.  Mr. Mouse came in and sat down during the last Gates episode and watched for a while.  He shook his head and told me, "This is so bad - worse than your True Blood because at least that has boobs from time to time."  He's not wrong.  Boobs definitely make trashy supernatural television better. 















No comments:

Post a Comment