Monday, June 2, 2008

Playground of the Living Dead

When I saw this, I was struck practically speechless (except for the "heeheeheeheehee" that I couldn't contain):

at 2:00 p.m. on June 29, at the Eastern Prom field, there will be a Zombie Kickball game where they will be "kicking ass and taking brains."

I had no idea. Apparently local zombificionados dress up in their undead finest and play kickball - they had a band last year and everything. I love it. If you're in town, check it out and let me know how it was!

Thanks to www.themaineswitch.com/switch_datebook for the 411.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds so bizarre yet from their pics looks really cool.

    Wonder if I could get my dodgeball league to have a special Zombie Tourney next fall?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man - I can just picture it now: an entire subgenre of amateur zombie sporting events! Along with the kickball and the dodgeball, there could be zombie bowling, zombie volleyball, zombie shuffleboard ... the mind boggles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zombie shuffleboard, lol! Seriously though, I may pass this article along to our Parks & Rec - give them some ideas for the fall season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm glad I went with the shuffleboard if I got an "lol" out of it! (It was a toss-up between that and zombie badminton.) I don't know who started this z-kickball thing but I'm just glad the word is spreading.

    ReplyDelete