Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The not so long goodbye

As we all know, Dollhouse is getting the boot after having never really found its footing audience.  That's too bad because I think it was a better show than most people thought, especially in the more recent episodes (and any not focusing on Eliza Dushku's character, Echo).  Fortunately, Fox has promised to air all the remaining episodes - and Joss has promised that they only get better and better - through to the end.  They're up to E8 so there are three (six? bad t.v. blogger/Whedon fan for not knowing) episodes to go.

And you can catch them on Hulu.com if you miss them on Friday nights.  I myself am guilty of that what with a DVR still MIA from the mousehold.  But I've watched the last four episodes in the last two days and highly recommend them.  I think I'm actually going to go back and watch E6 ("The Left Hand") again, mostly because Enver Gjokaj (the Doll Victor) is a revelation.  I really hope this kid gets more work and soon.  Gjokaj is a gifted impersonator (impressionist?) and his scenes with Fran Kranz (Topher Brink) are nothing short of brilliant:  Topher, sent out of the Dollhouse on a mission, imprints Victor with his own brain scan so he can hold down the fort back at the lab; Victor's mimicry of Topher is uncanny and hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment