Thursday, January 24, 2008

Random tidbits

This Grand Jury thing is definitely making me into a full-fledged misanthrope. I almost murdered* one of my fellow jurors today (which is "kinda meta," according to my friend Kevin C. - hee hee) for her amazing display of fatuousness. I'm a pretty patient person but I have a very low tolerance for stupidity. Grrrrrr.

R.I.P. Heath Ledger. What a sad thing. I guess that the theories are tending towards accidental overdose of multiple prescription drugs that he was taking for insomnia, anxiety and assorted other issues. I certainly hope it was accidental. He wasn't the best young actor out there but he was a good one, took on interesting roles and only seemed to be getting better as time went on. It's a real shame. And I need to stop having little crushes on cute, talented, young Aussies because between Ledger and Michael Hutchence, I keep getting my heart broken.

I finished that punctuation book, Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss, a while back. I've found it difficult to come up with enough for a full review on a book about punctuation - imagine - so here are some snapshot thoughts: it's very funny and insightful ... and quite British; and if you have any interest in language at all, I encourage you to pick this one up. It even comes with punctuation mark stickers so you can do your own guerilla corrections on signage at large. (Plus, did you see how many marks I used in this paragraph alone? Brilliant!)

Lost starts back up in ONE WEEK! That means I better hurry up and finish all those Deadwood recaps that are hanging over my head. O.K. - I'm on it!

* Not literally murdered, of course. I'm a misanthrope, not a sociopath.

No comments:

Post a Comment