Thursday, September 21, 2017

Getting ready for October

With Preacher done for the season and The Walking Dead several weeks away, I am using my time to get ready for the upcoming Eighth Annual FMS Scarelicious October Movie Series!  I have already started stockpiling movies, hoping to beat last year's record of seventeen scary flicks.  Stay tuned for that - and feel free to share your favorite horror flicks in the comments.  

As an aside, are any of you watching American Horror Story: Cult?  I'd kept up with most of the previous seasons: liked Murder House well enough, enjoyed Asylum for the most part, was sort of meh about Coven, and thought Freak Show had its moments, as did Hotel.  But I gave up on Roanoke halfway through, not able to get on board with the show-within-a-show conceit (although I think I read that it got better as it went along - can anyone confirm that?).  And I completely bailed on Cult before the first episode even finished: I just couldn't take the combination of current politics and killer clowns.

So now I'm off to give SyFy's Channel Zero: No End House a shot.  I liked the first season - Candle Cove - while a bit slow in spots, it was just SO WEIRD that I really dug it.  Fingers crossed for this latest installment as we all could use a little more WEIRD in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment