Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Falling into fall television

I am markedly under-excited about the advent of the fall season of television.  Partly, of course, is because with streaming and DVDs and whatnot, seasons' edges are starting to blur.  But partly is because the options are just not enough to get worked up about.  Genre-wise, I've picked up Sleepy Hollow (decent pilot, overstuffed second ep, has promise, we'll see) and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.* (good pilot, has promise, what do you think happened to Coulson?  POSSIBLE SPOILER: I think he's a robot END SPOILER, and Arrow and The Walking Dead starts up soon (I'm exhausted just thinking about TWD - what a depressing show and if they kill Darryl, I quit).

Mr. Mouse and I watch Cougar Town, Big Bang Theory, Parks & Rec, New Girl; we're going to give that new Robin Williams/Sarah Michelle Gellar show a try because: Mork and Buffy!  but I don't have super-high hopes.  I've been enjoying Broadchurch but that is a lot of sadness and exhaustion too, plus it's done.  And Breaking Bad has had me on the edge of my seat for its last run of episodes - there's just nothing down the pike that can compare, though.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something (we do watch an awful lot of television) but, see, I'm just kind of ambivalent about it.  What about you?  What are you watching?  Anything good?  Anything bad?  Anything really good/bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment