Sunday, August 18, 2013

Mini book review: Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson

One of my favorite blogs to read is The Bloggess: irreverent, random and wickedly funny, by Jenny Lawson, a native Texan with a long-suffering husband, a miracle daughter, several cats and an impressive taxidermy collection.  Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir) is what it says, a revved-up, exaggerated in places memoir - of her growing up poor in Wall, Texas, with her eccentric family; meeting her husband Victor; getting through life as best they can.  I'm doing a TERRIBLE job of selling this book but it is hilarious.  Mr. Mouse was getting annoyed with me because I was giggling at nearly every page (and I never laugh out loud at books).  There's infestations of scorpions and angry spider monkeys, serial killer cats, potential homemade zombies, giant metal chickens, extreme social anxiety and lots and lots of f-bombs.  I absolutely loved it.  Read a couple of her blog posts and if you find any of it funny, you'll love Let's Pretend This Never Happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment