Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Thoughts on The Avengers

Marvel's The Avengers.  I finally saw it, at a well-attended but not packed 3:00 p.m. matinee.  I liked it quite a lot.  It seemed a little frantic in spots in the third act when all action broke loose, but it was funny and well-assembled, with great character moments.  I don't have anything to say that hasn't been said on the interwebs a million times before, but here are just some random thoughtlets:

  • Joss Whedon is, has been, and will always be my master.
  • I loved the giant, floating, armored space moray eels!
  • Always nice to see some Whedonverse alums getting screen time: Enver Gjokaj (from Dollhouse), Ashley Johnson (from two S1 episodes of Dollhouse) and Alexis Denisof (apparently he was one of the alien dudes in the movie, but we all know him from Buffy, Angel and Dollhouse).
  • I'm thinking of going on Kickstarter to raise money to get Jeremy Renner and Mark Ruffalo to do a pillow fight.  How much you think it'll take?
  • Mmmmmmmm - Jeremy Renner and Mark Ruffalo in a pillow fight ...

No comments:

Post a Comment