Thursday, January 12, 2012

I am shocked, shocked, I tell you*

To the surprise of absolutely nobody, word is that the U.S. is going to try to remake the wonderful British sci-fi hit, Misfits (available on Hulu) [link is to S2E4, a good one, but start from the beginning], because Americans never met a good foreign t.v./movie idea they didn't try to commandeer and ruin.  Josh Schwartz, creator of Gossip Girl and Chuck, is said to be behind the spec pilot.  Really?  I am a closet GG fan (first couple of seasons anyway - I haven't been keeping up) and I like Chuck as much as the next person who casually likes Chuck, but I don't think Josh Schwartz is the man for the job.  Pluswhich, a large part of Misfits' not inconsiderable charm is its vigorous and unabashed profanity and violence - which would have to be watered down to thin gruel to make it on American network television (see above re: ruin).  Bad idea, bad bad idea.  Leave my Misfits alone.

Updated - here's the S1 trailer at least:



* that's my sarcastic voice, btw

No comments:

Post a Comment