Saturday, November 10, 2007

The mountain is open - let the shussing begin!

Mr. Mouse and I have started our ski season early: Sunday River's official opening day was yesterday. They were open for a few hours on Hallowe'en but I don't count that as the official start of the season - that was just a publicity stunt. Since there is no natural snow yet and temperatures have been fairly warm of late, they only managed to blow snow on a couple of trails and with the throngs of people on-mountain today, those poor trails were really crowded. But everyone was smiling and laughing, so happy to be skiing again. For those of you who like to keep track of such things, I did two runs yesterday (under the snowguns - loud and wet) and four today. A slow start, true, but it's a start.

P.S. With the advent of ski season, my weekend posting will fall off, simply because I will be on my boards, not on my keyboard. I promise to absolutely keep up with the regular recaps and do the best I can with the other stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment