Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Where has all the television gone?

My apologies, I'm clearly at a loss without Lost. CSI:Las Vegas starts back up Thursday, as does My Name Is Earl; The Office is back next week - none of which I recap. I've been watching New Amsterdam still although it's faltering a little after its initial promise and I'm not sure it'll be strong enough for renewal. Torchwood is continuing to entertain and delight: last Saturday's episode had lifeforce-stealing carnival ghosts who escaped from the old black and white movie celluloid in which they'd been trapped - did X-Files ever do one like that?!

Most exciting pop-culture thing of late: an official site and "poster" for Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Here's the fan site where they're just all giddy about it (even more than I).

Finally, Blockbuster.com has been shipping me Season 3 of Battlestar Galactica - o frabjous day! I would love to recap BSG but it's just so dense that each recap would be a mile long. Instead, I highly recommend that you rent, borrow or buy the DVDs, beginning with the SciFi Channel's miniseries and then straight on through Seasons 1, 2 and 3. Incredible, wonderful stuff. And - hee hee! - at the start of Season 3, they've buried the pretty face of Jamie Bamber under a ton of obesity prosthetic: Apollo's fat!

No comments:

Post a Comment