Saturday, October 23, 2021

Twelfth Annual FMS Scarelicious October Movie Series: #10 Candyman 3: Day of the Dead

I watched the first Candyman back in 2014 but I don't think I ever saw II.  I suspect it doesn't matter much.  This third installment is from 1999 and is so bad that I'm only going to transcribe my notes so as not to spend any more time on it.

  • And we start right off with a sexy, braless blonde: Donna D'Errico, our heroine - "Caroline"
  • Donna D'Errico = a terrible actress btw
  • Who the fuck takes the subway in Los Angeles?
  • The Candyman wants Caroline (his great-great-grandaughter or something) to join?/believe in him so he starts killing off all her friends and framing her for it.  Genius. 
  • Was Donna D'Errico on Baywatch? [Checks Wikipedia] YES.  She is 53 now and if you scroll through her Instagram [which I did while I was supposed to be watching the movie], #1 she looks younger now than she did in 1999 and #2 she's had so much work done that she doesn't look like she did then.  She looks amazing but ...
  • This movie is trying to say something about white L.A. cops' racism against Hispanics.  But it's just so bad.
  • Lol a bunch of pierced L.A. goths capture Caroline - they're worshipping the Candyman - and have tied her up with a ball gag in her mouth.  That's funny.
  • This is by far the worst of the ten movies I've watched this month 
  • I'm sorry but could someone please give this poor girl a bra?
  • Such a bad movie BUT I can appreciate that Caroline wore sneakers (and not high heels) throughout - very sensible


No comments:

Post a Comment