Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Lame, I know

Between the U.S. Open and S2 of Gossip Girl on DVD (OMFG! I totally love GG! I'm so embarrassed to admit it!), I haven't seen much to report back to you, dear reader(s). And thus I must take refuge in the Pathetic Post of the Desperate Blogger: the next ten songs on my current iPod playlist.
  • Pump It Up - Elvis Costello
  • Pot Kettle Black - Tilly and the Wall
  • A Comet Appears - the Shins
  • Fall Behind Me - the Donnas
  • Stigmata - Ministry
  • She Hates Me - Puddle of Mudd
  • Faith - Limp Bizkit
  • I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow - the Soggy Bottom Boys
  • Not My Idea - Garbage
  • Stand - R.E.M.
I did watch Clash of the Titans recently, but that's nearly as lame as this post, so I almost didn't menton it.

1 comment:

  1. There is *nothing* lame about "Clash of the Titans"! Some years ago - 2003, I believe, on 4 July no less, I heard Elaine Fantham (now Emerita Professor of Classics from Princeton) on NPR. (She's the "Classics area advisor" or some such.) She was asked about a Classics-themed movie she loved and she picked this. I cannot reproduce her plummy British voice, but just imagine it as she is on-air saying, "Harry Hamlin's biceps." (It's better if you've ever seen Elaine Fantham; she looks like your very down-to-earth grandmother who will offer you chicken noodle soup when you walk in the door. The last thing you expect is a comment about an actor's biceps!)

    ReplyDelete