Saturday, October 17, 2020

Eleventh Annual FMS Scarelicious October Movie Series: #8 Killer Klowns from Outer Space

I debated L O N G and hard about even including this one in this series.  IT'S SO BAD.  But I took the time and watched the whole thing so now you have to hear about it.  At least a little bit because I can't bring myself to write much more than that.

I mean, what was I expecting?  Killer Klowns from Outer Space.  I knew what I was getting myself in for.  However, in the course of this blog I have watched a lot of movies, many of which were terrible but also many of which I thought were going to be terrible but ended up having their own charms (the recent Critters, for example).  So I was hopeful.

It was badly misplaced, that hope.  KKfOS has very little to redeem itself.  The acting is appalling.  It's late 1980s so while the hair was big, the clothing was mostly sweaters = boring.  The music was bleh.  The dialogue was awful.  There was little to no plot: a spaceship, that looks like a circus tent, lands in Crescent Cove (some small town in the middle of the country) and the aliens, who look like terrifying clowns, start harvesting the local populace, presumably for later consumption.  A local love triangle (girl, new boyfriend and police officer/former boyfriend) battle the aliens. (FYI: that synopsis makes this move sound more interesting than it is.)  I shall quote from my notes: "This is excruciating & I'm falling asleep."

The ONLY good thing about this movie is the klown design and the set design for the interior of the spaceship/funhouse.  But as trippy and rad as that was, it is not nearly enough to make this movie worth watching.



No comments:

Post a Comment