Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Nominal update

Sorry things have been so light around here.  But we just finished up the ski season last weekend so that means summer is just around the corner ... and I promised my old friend Joe B. that I would get back to recapping Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles once the seasons turned - it just seems like a summertime show to me.  So, Joe, if you're reading this, I have moved T:TSCC back up to the top of the list.  (Of course, I have to watch Tucker and Dale vs. Evil again first because Mr. Mouse wants to see it.  You could have knocked me over with a feather when he said he wanted to see that movie.)

Also, I recently finished the second book in The First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie, Before They Are Hanged.  These books are getting better and better as they go, as Abercrombie finds his voice and hones his craft.  It's funny, having read his books in reverse order, because this trilogy is much more of a fantasy high fantasy novel, whereas the magnificent The Heroes is very strongly a battle fantasy high fantasy novel, with very little magicky elements.  The battle focus was what I was expecting and the more fantastical elements of the trilogy were a bit of a surprise.  I've just started the last book in the trilogy and am so pleased that it seems to be the longest of the bunch.  That just means there's more of it to read - yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment