Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 - a pretty good year at ol' FMS

Here's the typical, self-indulgent year-end summary post that us bloggers looooove to inflict upon their reader(s).
  • I put up 216 posts and hit my one year anniversary
  • I reviewed 46 movies (most on DVD but some in theaters and one online!)
  • I reviewed 26 books (Mom: that's a pretty good number, seeing how it takes me 3-5x longer to get through a book than a movie)
  • I recapped - in full or in part - the following television shows: Deadwood, Lost, Firefly, Burn Notice, Flashpoint, True Blood, Fringe and Heroes

  • One of the best books I read this year was Sharp Teeth

  • One of the best movies I saw this year was The Fall

Thank you all so much for your patronage, your interest and your comments this year. I'm still having so much fun - Mr. Mouse can't believe I'm sticking with this - and am really looking forward to the coming year. 'Til then, my best wishes to you all for a happy, healthy and entertaining 2009!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Friend Mouse Speaks said,
    "Here's the typical, self-indulgent year-end summary post that us bloggers looooove to inflict upon their reader(s)."

    Keep inflicting, Keep inflicting
    on this reader!
    Tks, DCD ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos! You've been busy busy. I can only manage to watch movies and TV and read the occasional book. You do all three and write too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thank you very much. It helps that (a) I don't work Fridays, (b) the child of the house is four-footed and eats dog food and (c) I'm a late night person and can cram in several episodes of whatever after Mr. Mouse's bedtime.

    ReplyDelete