First of all, Carrie is chock-full of now-recognizable names who were just fresh faced babies in 1976: Sissy Spacek (Carrie White), Amy Irving (good girl Sue), William Katt (popular boy Tommy, and later The Greatest American Hero), John Travolta (bad boy Billy), PJ Soles (mean girl/tomboy Norma), Betty Buckley (Miss Collins, later the mom on Eight is Enough) and Piper Laurie (Carrie's mom, Margaret White).
Second, I'm not going to recap the story because we all know the story (and if you don't, you should fix that right away). But here are my notes from watching it:
- Piper Laurie as Carrie's mom is TERRIFYING
- RAGING SEVENTIES FASHION!!!!!
- Was that English teacher in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest? [he was]
- William Katt has AMAZING hair
- Everyone is soooo skinny
- Travolta's accent is so bad
- srsly William Katt's hair
- When Tommy is nice to Carrie at the prom, it's really quite lovely
- The prom starts out so pretty and sweet that when the HELL finally breaks loose, it's all the more shocking