Monday, February 4, 2013

The sound of silence

Oops.  Sort of got away from me here.  I don't so much have commentary on what I've read/seen lately but we did just get Toy Story 3 (a Mr. Mouse request) and Let Me In in the mail today so those will be forthcoming.  In the meantime, I've read Funny in Farsi: a Memoir of Growing Up Iranian in America and Laughing Without an Accent, both by Firoozeh Dumas: quick reads of funny and smart essays.  I've been watching The Following (meh - except for Kevin Bacon emoting up a storm with what little he's been given) and The Americans (good but not entrancing: I take issue with (1) how utterly convenient it is that an FBI agent is living right next door to the deep-cover KGB agents and (2) that damn Phil Collins song in the pilot; I love the horrific wigs and early 80s apparel, cars and "technology.")  Justified, as usual, kicks ass all over the place and The Walking Dead starts up again soon so at least we'll have that together.


No comments:

Post a Comment