Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Outnumbered

I'm working on a little book review for Jo Walton's Among Others that I should get up here soon, and I have a couple of movies (Paul and Super) that need watching, and I'm cranking through Joe Abercrombie's The Blade Itself which is all kinds of great ... but I've got nothing for you right now except to report that Mr. Mouse and I have stumbled upon this wonderful British family sitcom, Outnumbered.  We found it on PBS totally by accident and are completely smitten - and, amazingly, we both like it.  It's about the family life of the Brockhursts: dad Peter, a history teacher; mum Sue, who works part-time and has a dad slightly stricken with Alzheimer's; oldest son Jake, cute and sarcastic and put-upon; middle son Ben, a holy terror; and youngest daughter Karen, old beyond her years.  Karen in particular is hysterical: the line readings this little girl gives are just brilliant.  Highly recommended.

Note: the link below is for a non-USA format DVD set. I don't know if you can buy USA-formatted disks or not, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment