Friday, September 5, 2008

Tropic Thunder - mini-movie review

I am SO annoyed with Mr. Mouse. Not only did he go see Tropic Thunder - one of the few movies both he and I would enjoy - without me, but he went to see it without me twice. For punishment, I made him give me a mini-review for your reading enjoyment:

It's laugh-out-loud funny, but best seen with people who have the same sense of humor as you. Crude and childish in parts but in a good way. Robert Downey Jr. and Tom Cruise are awesome.

Mr. Mouse is not quite as verbiose as I am. But in a good way.

Edit 9/12/08. Finally saw this movie and I must say that for once I completely agree with Mr. Mouse's assessment: extremely funny and crude, and RDJ and Tom Cruise were definitely awesome. (I can't think of the last time I thought TC was great in something ... Born on the Fourth of July, maybe?) A better student of film than I could enumerate the iconic movie shots that Ben Stiller paid homage to/mocked ruthlessly in TT - it was all very excellent and, I think, the best movie Stiller has ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment