Thursday, August 14, 2008

Everything's better with bacon

I'm hoping to have a new book review up tomorrow but I have got to mow the lawn first. Usually by this time of summer, the grass has burnt to a crisp and I don't have to mow much-if-at-all. But not this summer: with all the rain, the lawn is lush and flourishing and growing too fast to keep up with. (Note to self: next house, smaller yard/less mowing.)

In the interim, check out these things I just learned about:

Someone has created the perfect food: chocolate-covered bacon. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

The winners of the 2008 Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest are in! This contest pays homage to the notorious Victorian novelist Edward George Earl Bulwer-Lytton (he who first penned "It was a dark and stormy night.") and challenges entrants to write the worst opening lines to imaginary novels. I lost count of how many times I laughed out loud and truly the grand prize winner is spectacular in its awfulness.

I recently stumbled upon Legend of Neil, another very effin' funny web-series about gamers; LoN is about a regular Joe Neil who gets transported into his Legend of Zelda videogame and turned into an elf. It's not as sophisticated as The Guild, and it's definitely much coarser, but it's still terribly funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment