Monday, October 30, 2017

Eighth Annual FMS Scarelicious October Movie Series: #19 Trick R Treat

Here we are, gentle readers, the final movie of this years Scarelicious October Movie Series!  I had hoped to get to twenty but nineteen scary movies watched in a month still beats the previous record of seventeen, so I'm not going to pout about it.  I could probably squeeze one more in but there's the TWD recap to go up on Halloween proper.  At any rate, the final movie of the month is the very Halloween-y but not very scary Trick R Treat.

I'm feeling particularly lazy so here's IMBD's plot synopsis.  Five interwoven stories that occur on Halloween: an everyday high school principal has a secret life as a serial killer; a college virgin might have just met the guy for her; a group of teenagers pull a mean prank; a woman who loathes the night has to contend with her holiday-obsessed husband; and a mean old man meets his match with a demonic, supernatural trick-or-treater.

This isn't an anthology; rather the stories brush up against each other on one Halloween night in a small town that goes all-out to celebrate Halloween and making the punishment of those who violate the rules of the holiday the focus of several of its vignettes. All over the internet, horror movie aficionados praise this flick as one of the best of the season and I will agree that it is absolutely one of the most Halloween-centric movies ever,  Personally, I'm more of a horror fan than a Halloween fan, and Trick R Treat is just not scary, so while I appreciate the sentiment, I was a bit meh about the execution.  Still, for those who looooooove Halloween, I can see Trick R Treat becoming a yearly re-watch.

 Image result for trick r treat

No comments:

Post a Comment