Saturday, November 14, 2015

Mini movie review: Gone Girl

Remember how I loooooooooved the book Gone Girl and was worried that they'd butcher it with the movie?  Well, I needn't have worried.  David Fincher did a pretty good job with it.  I imagine the few people who watched the movie without having read the book first were drawn in and surprised at the twists.  I still contend that Ben Affleck was completely miscast as Nick Dunne (too old, too hulking, too bland an actor) but I didn't find him to be distracting in the role.  I finished watching the movie the way I finished reading the book: amazed at this creation in which nearly all the characters were horrible people.  If you've been living under a rock, I still recommend reading the book first - it is extraordinary - but if you're interested in the movie, it does all right by the source material.

1 comment:

  1. The story and the characters grabbed my interest right away and then came the twists! I loved it so much, I bought her other 2 books before they were on special. I am cheap, but after Gone Girl, I wanted more! I seriously cannot remember the last time an author got to me like Gillian Flynn!

    ReplyDelete