Thursday, April 10, 2014

Back into the abyss

It's that age-old conundrum around these parts when the recapping goes on hiatus: WTF do I do next?  I suppose I'll pick up where we left off with True Blood, as that's sort of what we do over the summer.  But I can't start that yet because I'm finishing the final season of Fringe right now, and then after that I plan to rip through S3 of Game of Thrones, and then the final season of Spartacus.  And then we'll go back to those Bon Temps wackadoos (whilst also watching S2 of Orphan Black).  Television's gonna be busy up in here.

Reading-wise, I've been on a slight Gerald Durrell tear, re-reading My Family and Other Animals for the umpteenth time (along with my love for Greek mythology, that book was responsible for making me a huge Hellenophile, culminating in an Ancient Greek college major and a semester in Chania, Crete) and also Menagerie Manor and The Ark's Anniversary.  The latter two books are all about his wildlife park on the Isle of Jersey and his foundation's focus on conservation and saving endangered species; these volumes are not nearly as charming and funny as MFaOA but I was interested and found them quick reads.

Now I'm in book-limbo, needing to get back to the library.  To pass the time I'm re-reading The Hotel New Hampshire for the umpteenth time.  I've forgotten how funny - and dark - that book is.  Fun/weird stuff.  So, anyway, be patient and bear with me.  I'll get some updates here as soon as I can.  In the meantime, what are you reading/watching?


No comments:

Post a Comment