Sunday, July 7, 2013

Mini book review: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Boy, was I ever late to the party on Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.  I didn't get around to reading it until just about a month ago when my work neighbor Spencer recommended it to me.  Since everyone in the world has already read it, let me just add my puny $0.02 worth here.  Gone Girl is an incredibly well plotted, fast moving, captivating page turner of a novel, featuring two of the least reliable and twisted narrators you'll find. For the longest time, I couldn't decide which of them I liked least - but in a good way.  The main characters are self involved, manipulative, borderline sociopaths and Flynn makes every second with them a great read.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about this book, so I might just go out and buy a copy to read! It sounds very intriguing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely pick up a copy. I loved it. Totally twisted characters. And definitely read it before they butcher it with the movie.

    ReplyDelete