- The movie is way too long at nearly two hours. It starts off slowly (read: I may have nearly nodded off) but picks up once John Carter gets to Mars.
- I always approve of a shirtless Taylor Kitsch.
- Lynn Collins more than holds her own as an ass-kicking Martian princess and her costumes should be held up there alongside Leia's gold bikini.
- The CGI is pretty well done, especially the Tharks and that ADORABLE dog/lizard (Woola?).
- The plotting gets muddled and the dialogue is at times incomprehensible, particularly since Kitsch tends to mumble. With a movie like this, though, I'm not sure plot and dialogue are all that important.
- I'm trying to decide if I should read the source material.
- I think the Powers that Be did this movie a big disservice by removing the "of Mars" from the title. John Carter of Mars gives the uninitiated a clue that "hey! this is a science fiction flick!" Just John Carter could be about anything.
5 hours ago